Friday, January 2, 2009

Photo of the Week: Organ Pipes

Happy New Year! That means it is time for new years resolutions, mine is to blog more often. I know that I should be doing more after all why start a blog if you aren't going to post anything on it. I just get bogged down in the everyday stuff that needs doing and I let my blog fall to the wayside. But no more, starting today I am adding a new feature - Photo of the Week. After my posts on the Austin Ave. Baptist pictures so many people sent me emails telling me how much they liked them that I have decided to make it a regular post. Once a week I will post a picture or series of pictures that I have taken either for my art portfolio or just because I felt like it and talk a little bit about the how and why of my photography. To start the whole thing off I will finish up with the Austin Ave. Baptist photos.
One of the first things I noticed when walking in to the sanctuary at the church was the wall of organ pipes. They just go on and on from one side of the wall to the other and so far up too. It was like a forest of metal covering undulating wooden hills. It is that idea that I tried to convey with my images. That the forest of metal pipes goes on forever.





0 comments: